Saturday 19 February 2011

Poetry - "The Screaming"

Can you hear it?
The twisted, warped lies in my head.
You'll be fine.
Nothing will hurt you.
Jump.


Can you see it?
The gold around my neck.
Heavy and choking.
Pulling me down.
Be steady.

Can you feel it?
The cold sting of fresh raindrops.
Mark this pale skin with tears.
Drive that ice down to my bones.
Sinking.

Can you feel it?
The concrete beneath my feet.
Hold this shaking body up.
Present me for all to see.
So high.

Can you see it?
That black darkness below me.
Reflected golden eyes staring back at me.
The wind that curls the wave.
So deep.

Can you hear it?
The wind in my ears.
The crash of water on flesh.
The silence of the darkness.
The screaming.

Can you hear the screaming?
I think it might be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment